between the mountains and the lake
At the luxurious 5-star Hotel Giardino Ascona guests won’t miss a thing – neither the monumental flair of the mountains nor the special atmosphere of a natural lake. On the northern shores of Lake Maggiore, at the elegantly picturesque Ascona spa, peace-seekers will find perfect balance. Together with TOP HILL Retreats, the sportive journey takes on an exploration of the senses. The journey is the reward. Surrounded by a Mediterranean park, you can enjoy a subtle touch of dolce vita.
Pure enjoyment becomes a daily agenda. The Ayurvedic-inspired cuisine of the hotel restaurant Hide & Seek was awarded 15 points from the Gault Millau gourmet guide. The Fine Dining Restaurant Ecco even with 18 points and two Michelin stars.
The traditional Indian Ayurveda art of healing has found a spiritual home here: Masters of the arts pass their ancient knowledge at lectures, excursions, yoga retreats and cooking classes. At the exquisite spa, with pool, sauna area and exquisite applications give your “time out” a whole new quality.
At the 5* design hotel Il Giardino, which combines old Italian grandeur with contemporary luxury, you will experience that dolce vita does not necessarily mean dolce far niente. Picturesquely situated at Lake Maggiore, the spacious garden that gives the hotel its name builds the heart of the complex. In the water-lily pond, Koi leisurely draw their circles, the pool equally framed by green mountains and palm trees. The all-day training routines are individually tailored to your goals and skills by the TOP HILL team of experts – balancing physical exertion and recreational balance.
In addition, you will immerse yourself in the teachings of the Indian healing art Ayurveda: Learn about the holistic health concepts during personal Ayurveda anamnesis or with a cleansing oil massage, and even taste the revitalising powers on your plate every day: The Ayurvedic-inspired cuisine of the hotel restaurant Hide & Seek was awarded 15 points from the Gault Millau gourmet guide. The Fine Dining Restaurant Ecco even with 18 points and two Michelin stars. An active time-out has never been so enjoyable.
Example day AYURVEDA MEETS FITNESS
- Warum-up/Mobilisation, relaxed Jogging or Power Walking
- Breakfast – home made oatmeal pancakes with fresh berries, rich and delicious breakfast buffet at our restaurant, fresh ginger juice
- alternating schedule of different in- and outdoor training routines (eg.: Circuit Training, Pilates, Body Art, TRX, CrossFit, High Intensity, Tabata, swimming, etc…). Every day features a different workout routine and our trainers and coaches provide for variety and fun. And a fresh smoothie provides energy in between workouts.
- Lunch – Beans and broccoli salad with sprouts and walnuts, topped with an apple-hazelnut vinaigrette, followed by grilled vegetables with polenta and pea-mint mash
- Sporty hike to an alpine chalet, bike tours or a snowshoe hike
- Highlight from May till October: A training-trip to a genuine army bunker inside Gotthard mountain, featuring a guided tour through the vault and a visit to the “crystal chamber”
- Wellness- and massage treatments / Sauna service
- Dinner – Green mango salad with shrimp and rice noodles, pumpkin-ginger soup, confit from arctic char with sauce vierge and basil, sweet corn and quinoa, a light composition of coconut-milk Panna Cotta with mixed berries for dessert
- Single Coaching Sessions / 2x weekly introduction in meditation and relaxation techniques
- Fresh herbal infusions for a relaxed good nights sleep
- Bed Time